Friday, July 15, 2016

My Cousin Is Getting Married

A little while back, I used the example of a hypothetical cousin's third marriage as something I could care less about.

Less than a week later, I checked my email last arvo and found a missive from my IRL cousin who, it seems, is in fact getting married.

Not for the third time. In fact, she's actually marrying the partner she's had since before I was born, who I grew up calling my "cousin" by not-quite-marriage. I'd make some snarky comment about her being the third member of my family to end up marrying a shiksa goddess, but apparently her partner actually converted (from a Catholic-in-name-only atheist to a Jew-in-name-only atheist) so it looks like I don't get to.

I've been invited to the wedding but I'm not sure I can make it. Either way, I could care less.

No comments:

Post a Comment